2) My favourite khaki-and-red colour combination
3) Details: Epaulettes, piping, plastic chain necklaces
4) Bags: Plastic chain handles, florals, flat suede handbags
5) Vintage chairs – these are French 1040s garden chairs, £400 for a pair
6) Flask – if you can’t afford a vintage Hermes flask, get this map one instead
As you’d expect, the styling of the venue and outfits were spot on. I loved the Paul Smith vintage-look cameras, dapper bow-ties and necklaces as epaulettes. And don’t miss the gilt chairs with Paul Smith-print seat pads. When you’re attending twenty-odd press shows a day for the best part of a month, you need things to stand out in order to remember them. Otherwise, however beautiful the individual pieces, all the statement shoulders, print dresses and crazy-heeled shoes start merging into one. By making the press day experience a unique one, the collection as a whole is more likely to stand out.